Prayer is the groundwork for everything we do and vital to our ministry. Thanks always for your prayers and support.
PRAYER REQUESTS 4/02/18
Tijuana, Mexico Kitchen:
- Pray for our directors overseeing development in the Tijuana and Factory areas. Pray for programs to increase through their effort.
- Pray for Vilma, our kitchen manager, as she oversees the staff and the increase in daily operations due to factory meals. Pray for all who work in the kitchen for safety and health.
- Pray for safety as when we bring people over to visit the kitchen in operation. Pray people will be changed and passionate for OTB through their visit. Our next trip is April 12.
Mexicali, Mexico Kitchen:
- Pray for our kitchen manager Cecy and our operations director Israel as they oversee the kitchen
- Pray for new ministries to serve and for new meal sponsors.
Jalisco, Mexico Kitchen:
- Pray for Jerry our kitchen manager as he oversees operations and fills in many gaps.
- Pray we will find more partners and meal sponsors in the area and that the community embraces the opportunity our meals provide. Our kitchen is struggling to find partners and needs growth for sustainability.
- Pray for potential kitchen projects for Juarez, Ensenada and Leon.
- Pray for factory meal programs with each meal supporting a hungry child that began in Tijuana. Pray this will continue to create interest and carry over to other factory programs in Tijuana.
- Pray for National government support to be established throughout Mexico to open more opportunities and funding.
Port-au-Prince, Haiti Kitchen:
- Pray for David Destinoble, our Haiti director as he looks for opportunities for new partners in new areas.
- Pray God will direct our efforts in the Kitchen on Wheels project being developed in this next quarter.
- Pray also for our kitchen manager and staff as they oversee daily operations. Pray for safety from theft in bank deposits and transport of meals.
George/Paarl, South Africa Kitchen:
- Praise for our partnership in Paarl with Second Harvest/Cutting Edge. Pray for Mark as he directs and starts new programs. Praise for the new Porridge project developed for Creches (pre schools), they sent out 20,000 meals in March. Pray it will increase outside the western cape.
- Pray for the extreme drought in the Cape Town area to be blessed with early rains this year. Day zero is June 4.
- Pray for the George kitchen staff as they oversee daily operations in George and for the community to embrace the opportunity it gives to them. Pray for the safety of the kitchen.
Malawi, Africa Kitchen
- Pray for our kitchen project in Malawi. Construction is finishing on the building and operations will begin soon. Pray for our country director Janet as she completes the building and starts operations and for her efforts to bring in more meal programs. Pray for the contract with COTN for 1700 meals to be finalized.
- Pray for negotiations that are being made in Guatemala with the Harbourton Foundation. Pray God will direct our efforts to see the right people and areas to determine the need for a new kitchen to start this year.
In all our kitchens, pray for sustainability and for more community participation. Pray the kitchen staffs will work together as a team and find joy in serving their community. Pray always that the local ministries we work with will give the gospel in God’s love to the children being fed. Pray God will be glorified in their work and for the power of the Holy Spirit to convict and bring many to the saving grace of Jesus Christ.
- Pray that God will bring those He has to generously give and participate with us both monthly and one time.
- Pray God will go before us in our development and event planning for 2018.
- Praise for our Starving2Serve Jr Highers at NCC. They raised the highest amount ever. OTB will receive most of the funds this year after costs and other expenses.
- Pray for our annual banquet planning and committee meetings as we prepare for this years even on Oct 12. Pray for return volunteers, new interest and many return table hosts this year.
- Pray for our Super Kitchen Suppers to begin in homes through growth groups and other avenues this fall.
- Pray for our Kitchen Builder Campaign to continue to grow in 2018. Praise for the increase we have already made through our current campaigns.
- Pray for our efforts to create interest in our Starving2Serve programs in new churches.
Pray God will continue to meet our daily needs and God’s work will increase as He touches hearts in South Africa, Haiti, and Mexico. Pray God breaks through language/culture barriers with His Word and Spirit. Pray especially for our team, for physical and spiritual protection. Pray God will be glorified in all our work, words, and ways.
Thanks always for your prayers and support. If you haven’t received our recent newsletter or would like to support us, sign up on our website at www.outsidethebowl.org or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our mailing address is P.O. Box 6193, Oceanside, CA 92052-6193.