Prayer is the groundwork for everything we do and vital to our ministry. Thanks always for your prayers and support.
PRAYER REQUESTS 8/08/18
Tijuana, Mexico Kitchen:
- Pray for Vilma, our kitchen manager, as she oversees the staff and the increase in daily operations due to factory meals. Pray for all who work in the kitchen for safety and health.
- Pray for God's timeline provision of funds to keep the kitchens sustainable and running.
- Pray for the development of new programs in the Tijuana and Factory areas.
- Pray for safety as when we bring people over to visit the kitchen in operation. Pray people will be changed and passionate for OTB through their visit. Our next trip is June 6.
Mexicali, Mexico Kitchen:
- Pray for our kitchen manager Cecy and our operations director Israel as they oversee the kitchen
- Pray for new ministries to serve and for new meal sponsors.
Jalisco, Mexico Kitchen:
- Pray for Jerry our kitchen manager as he oversees operations and fills in many gaps.
- Pray we will find more partners and meal sponsors in the area and that the community embraces the opportunity our meals provide. Our kitchen is struggling to find partners and needs growth for sustainability.
- Pray for potential kitchen projects for Juarez, Ensenada and Leon.
- Pray especially that God will open doors for new church and VBS programs in the summer when schools are out.
- Pray for factory meal programs with each meal supporting a hungry child that began in Tijuana. Pray this will continue to create interest and carry over to other factory programs in Tijuana.
- Pray for National government support to be established throughout Mexico to open more opportunities and funding for small ministry partners to increase.
Port-au-Prince, Haiti Kitchen:
- Pray for David Destinoble, our Haiti director as he looks for opportunities for new partners in new areas.
- Pray God will direct our efforts in the Kitchen on Wheels project being developed to start this summer. Delivery of the food carts from customs is now for Aug 9. Pray for safety from the port of entry to our kitchen.
- Pray also for our kitchen manager and staff as they oversee daily operations. Pray for safety from theft in bank deposits and transport of meals.
George/Paarl, South Africa Kitchen:
- Pray for our partnership in Paarl with Second Harvest/Cutting Edge. Pray for Mark as he directs and starts new programs. Pray for the Porridge project developed for Creches (preschools) to continue to grow. They are increasing meals each month.
- Praise for the recent rains in the Cape Town area that have helped the extreme drought. Day zero is now in 2019.
- Pray for the George kitchen staff as they oversee daily operations in George and for the community to embrace the opportunity it gives to them. Pray for the safety of the kitchen.
Malawi, Africa Kitchen
- Pray for our kitchen project in Malawi. Construction is finished but installation of the equipment has had many set backs due to contract delays with COTN. Pray for COTN meals for 1700 to come to a new agreement so operations can start up as soon as possible. Pray for our country director Janet as she meets with people to hire for staff and starts operations of the kitchen. Pray for her efforts to bring in more meal programs outside of COTN for the start up to become sustainable.
- Pray for negotiations that are being made in Guatemala with the Harbourton Foundation. Pray God will direct our efforts to see the right people and areas to determine the need for a new kitchen to start this year. Pray for possibilities in Guatemala City and connections with Christian Schools with Edify.
In all our kitchens, pray for sustainability and for more community participation. Pray the kitchen staffs will work together as a team and find joy in serving their community. Pray always that the local ministries we work with will give the gospel in God’s love to the children being fed. Pray God will be glorified in their work and for the power of the Holy Spirit to convict and bring many to the saving grace of Jesus Christ.
- Pray that God will bring those He has to generously give and participate with us both monthly and one time.
- Pray God will go before us in our development and event planning for 2018.
- Praise for our Global Food Experience in July. Many families came and experience this special event bringing experience and awareness to the of hunger in other countries.
- Pray for our annual banquet planning and committee meetings as we prepare for this years even on Oct 12. Pray for new interest and many return table hosts this year. Tickets go on sale August 20. Pray for items to continue to come in for our Silent Auction.
- Pray for our Super Kitchen Suppers to begin in homes summer. Pray for an event planned July 15 in Temecula with the staff of a new church.
- Pray for our Kitchen Builder Campaign to continue to grow in 2018.
- Pray for our efforts to create interest in our Starving2Serve programs in new churches.
Pray God will continue to meet our daily needs and God’s work will increase as He touches hearts in South Africa, Malawi, Haiti, and Mexico. Pray God breaks through language/culture barriers with His Word and Spirit. Pray especially for our team, for physical and spiritual protection. Pray God will be glorified in all our work, words, and ways.
Thanks always for your prayers and support. If you haven’t received our recent newsletter or would like to support us, sign up on our website at www.outsidethebowl.org or email us at email@example.com. Our mailing address is P.O. Box 6193, Oceanside, CA 92052-6193.