Prayer is the groundwork for everything we do and vital to our ministry. Thanks always for your prayers and support.
PRAYER REQUESTS 08/01/17
Tijuana, Mexico Kitchen:
- Pray for our new director Felipe Gonzales now overseeing development in the Tijuana and Ensenada areas. Pray for programs to increase through his network and effort.
- Pray for Vilma, our kitchen manager, as she oversees the staff and the increase in daily operations due to factory meals. Pray for Mara, Maria, and Irene who work in the kitchen for safety and health.
- Pray for safety as we continually bring people over to visit the kitchen in operation. Our next trip is Aug 17. Pray people will be changed and passionate for OTB through their visit.
Mexicali, Mexico Kitchen:
- Pray for our kitchen manager Cecy and our operations director Israel as they oversee the kitchen
- Pray for new ministries to serve and for new meal sponsors.
New Kitchen, Jalisco Mexico:
- Pray for Jerry our kitchen manager as he oversees operations and fills in many gaps.
- Pray we will begin to find more partners and meal sponsors in the area and that the community embraces the opportunity our meals provide.
- Pray for negotiations on potential kitchen projects for Juarez, Ensenada and now in Leon.
- Pray for factory meal programs with each meal supporting a hungry child to begin in Tijuana the end of July.
- Pray for National government support to be established throughout Mexico to open more opportunities and funding.
Port-au-Prince, Haiti Kitchen:
- Pray for David Destinoble, a Haitian chef who worked for the government, now our director as he looks for our relocationand opportunities for new partners in new areas.
- Pray also for Maxo our new kitchen manager as he works with current staff. Pray for safety from theft in bank deposits and transport.
- Pray for a new opportunity to serve a large amount of meals with Social Services. This helps summer months with school programs not operating. Pray for funds to be raised for our annual rent due in September for next year.
George, South Africa Kitchen:
- Pray for a new partnership in Paarl with 2nd Harvest/Cutting Edge. This partnership will bring opportunities to partners for government BBEE points and tax benefits in both Paarl and George. Pray for Mark as he directs and starts these programs.
- Pray for Marius, as he oversees operations in George. Pray for increased partners from the support given during the recent fires and for continued funding needs to be met.
- Pray for our kitchen project in Malawi. Pray for continued planning through many changes. Children of the Nations will no longer be helping to fund the building. Pray for our country advisor Janet as she seeks to complete the building of the kitchen. Pray for a potential investor she has from Switzerland.
- Pray for negotiations that are being made in Guatemala with the Harbourton Foundation. More information and contacts are needed after our first visit. Pray God will direct our efforts to see the right people and areas to determine the need for a kitchen.
In all our kitchens, pray for sustainability and for more community participation. Pray the kitchen staffs will work together as a team and find joy in serving their community. Pray always that the local ministries we work with will give the gospel in God’s love to the children being fed. Pray God will be glorified in their work and for the power of the Holy Spirit to convict and bring many to the saving grace of Jesus Christ.
- Pray that God will bring those He has to generously give and participate with us both monthly and one time.
- Pray for a our new Development Director, Becky Rosaler. Pray God will go before us in our fundraising efforts for 2017.
- Pray for our NCC weekends in the Edge Aug19,20 and San Marcos Aug 26,27. We will be showing a video and have a matching donor. Also we have a Showcase event on Aug 25 with the 9th and 10th graders.
- Pray for the planning of September Hunger Action Month and fundraising events for this month.
- Pray for the planning that has begun for our annual banquet on October 6 at the Sheraton in Carlsbad. Pray for silent auction donors to begin to come in as we send out letters and make contacts.
- Pray for our efforts to create interest in our Starving2Serve programs in new churches.
Pray God will continue to meet our daily needs and God’s work will increase as He touches hearts in South Africa, Haiti, and Mexico. Pray God breaks through language/culture barriers with His Word and Spirit. Pray especially for our team, for physical and spiritual protection. Pray God will be glorified in all our work, words, and ways.
Thanks always for your prayers and support. If you haven’t received our recent newsletter or would like to support us, sign up on our website at www.outsidethebowl.org or email us at email@example.com. Our mailing address is P.O. Box 6193, Oceanside, CA 92052-6193.