Prayer is the groundwork for everything we do and vital to our ministry. Thanks always for your prayers and support.
PRAYER REQUESTS 2/01/18
Tijuana, Mexico Kitchen:
- Pray for our directors overseeing development in the Tijuana and Ensenada areas. Pray for programs to increase through their effort.
- Pray for Vilma, our kitchen manager, as she oversees the staff and the increase in daily operations due to factory meals. Pray for all who work in the kitchen for safety and health.
- Pray for safety as when we bring people over to visit the kitchen in operation. Pray people will be changed and passionate for OTB through their visit.
Mexicali, Mexico Kitchen:
- Pray for our kitchen manager Cecy and our operations director Israel as they oversee the kitchen
- Pray for new ministries to serve and for new meal sponsors. Praise for a new school added in January.
Jalisco, Mexico Kitchen:
- Pray for Jerry our kitchen manager as he oversees operations and fills in many gaps.
- Pray we will find more partners and meal sponsors in the area and that the community embraces the opportunity our meals provide. Our kitchen is struggling to find partners and needs growth for sustainability.
- Pray for potential kitchen projects for Juarez and Ensenada.
- Pray for factory meal programs with each meal supporting a hungry child that began in Tijuana. Pray this will continue to create interest and carry over to other factory programs in Tijuana. We were able to use these new factory meals to help support Mexico City earthquake victims.
- Pray for National government support to be established throughout Mexico to open more opportunities and funding.
Port-au-Prince, Haiti Kitchen:
- Pray for David Destinoble, our Haiti director as he looks for opportunities for new partners in new areas.
- Pray also for our kitchen manager and staff as they oversee daily operations. Pray for safety from theft in bank deposits and transport of meals.
George/Paarl, South Africa Kitchen:
- Praise for our new partnership in Paarl with 2nd Harvest/Cutting Edge. This partnership will bring opportunities to partners for government BBEE points and tax benefits in both Paarl and George. Pray for Mark as he directs and starts these programs. Pray for the new Porridge project developed for pre schools to increase outside the western cape.
- Pray for the extreme drought in the Cape Town area to be blessed with early rains this year.
- Pray for the George kitchen staff as they oversee daily operations in George and for the community to embrace the opportunity it gives to them.
Malawi, Africa Kitchen
- Pray for our kitchen project in Malawi. Construction has begun on the building and operations will begin soon. Pray for our country director Janet as she seeks to complete the funding for the building and operations and for her efforts to bring in more meal programs.
- Pray for negotiations that are being made in Guatemala with the Harbourton Foundation. Pray God will direct our efforts to see the right people and areas to determine the need for a new kitchen to start this year.
In all our kitchens, pray for sustainability and for more community participation. Pray the kitchen staffs will work together as a team and find joy in serving their community. Pray always that the local ministries we work with will give the gospel in God’s love to the children being fed. Pray God will be glorified in their work and for the power of the Holy Spirit to convict and bring many to the saving grace of Jesus Christ.
- Pray that God will bring those He has to generously give and participate with us both monthly and one time.
- Pray God will go before us in our development and event planning for 2018.
- Pray for our 10 year celebration event in the Edge at NCC Feb 10,11. Pray we meet our goal of $10,000.
- Pray for our Super Kitchen Suppers to begin in homes through growth groups and other avenues this fall.
- Pray for our year end Kitchen Builder Campaign to continue to grow in 2018.
- Pray for our efforts to create interest in our Starving2Serve programs in new churches.
Pray God will continue to meet our daily needs and God’s work will increase as He touches hearts in South Africa, Haiti, and Mexico. Pray God breaks through language/culture barriers with His Word and Spirit. Pray especially for our team, for physical and spiritual protection. Pray God will be glorified in all our work, words, and ways.
Thanks always for your prayers and support. If you haven’t received our recent newsletter or would like to support us, sign up on our website at www.outsidethebowl.org or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our mailing address is P.O. Box 6193, Oceanside, CA 92052-6193.